Ralph (male 25+): adult Ralphie, narrator, also plays The Cowboy, The Tree Lot Owner, The Delivery Man, The Voice of a Neighbor
Ralphie Parker (male, 8-12): young Ralphie, protagonist
Mother (female 35+): Ralphie’s mom
The Old Man (male 40s): Ralphie’s father
Randy (male, 6-10) Ralphie’s little brother
Miss Shields (female, 25+): Ralphie’s teacher
Scut Farkas (male, 8-12): a bully
Classmates: boys and girls the same age as Ralphie, Ester Jane Alberry, Helen Weathers, Scwartz, Flick
How to Audition:
- Fill out an audition form.
- Open the sides for the scripts linked below.
- Record a video of yourself. First introduce yourself and say which role you are auditioning for. It could be helpful if you had a family member read the other lines (or you may do so yourself if necessary).
- Upload the video to this dropbox by Saturday October 24.
Auditions are held at Muncie Civic Theatre located 216 E. Main St, Downtown Muncie, Ind. unless otherwise noted above.
How to Prepare:
- You will be asked to read from the script. Non-musical productions will either provide sides from the script or ask you to prepare a monologue, do not prepare anything unless it is stated.
- For musicals you will be audition with music from the show usually posted online 2 weeks prior to show. Do not prepare anything else unless it is stated to do so.
- Wear comfortable clothes. We encourage you to look your best, but also come prepared for some dance or movement exercises for bigger dance musical auditions (not all shows have dance portions).
- Call Backs will be scheduled for later in the afternoon or the next day. Using the email address you will provide in your audition form or with a physical posted list, we will contact you for your callback. Just because you’re not on the callback list does not mean you are not in the show.
- Character Breakdowns are listed above for each show. There is some flexibility in requirements within reason (such as age) and some are non-negotiable, so please plan accordingly. You have the ability to indicate which role you are interested in on your audition form, along with whether or not you would accept an ensemble role. Please be honest in your willingness to participate, as this helps the casting process go more smoothly.
- Get your calendar out – you need to share your rehearsal conflicts. Every rehearsal is important and while every actor may not be called in for every rehearsal, when you are needed, you are needed! The fewer you have the better, but above all, be honest when filling out the audition form and listing any conflicts you might have.
Rehearsals: Typically Sunday – Thursday, 6:30 – 9:30 pm, beginning the week after auditions.
Performances: Main Stage Shows run for three weekends (Studio 2 weekends) including a week of technical rehearsals prior. You must be available for all of the show/tech dates.
Cast Lists: Anyone who has signed up to audition will receive an email notice the first business day after auditions with the full cast list.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org