Theatre Education teaches so much more than acting, dancing and singing. Children who are educated in the performing arts have a stronger sense of literacy, self-expression and esteem, interpersonal communication, and collaboration. At Muncie Civic Theatre, we strive to provide quality K-12 Theatre Education programming that is collaborative, inclusive and opens a child’s imagination to all life has to offer.
Grades: K-7 Spring Production (Prelude & Act 1 Program)
First Day/Auditions: March 10 (materials will be on website 2 weeks prior)
Rehearsals: Every Saturday, March 17th to May 12th (no rehearsal on Easter Weekend)
Tech Week: May 14-18
Performances: May 18-20
Lion King Audition Information (for 3rd-7th ONLY):
- 9:30-10:00: Check in
- 10:00am-2:30pm: Warm ups, auditions, music, choreography and lunch. (Student provides own lunch)
- 2:30pm: Call Backs announced – Students not called back will sign out to go home with parents.
- 2:30-4:00 Call backs (parents feel free to observe your child’s callback from the balcony if you wish. )
- 4:00– Called back students sign out.
- The Cast List will be sent out by email by Monday evening (March 12)
All students will learn and sing the song linked below regardless of gender.
Students will read from the Script in either or both of the selections linked below regardless of gender.
Students in K-2 will not have an audition like this. Learning begins on first day. Rehearsals for Preludes (K-2) Program is 12:00pm-4pm beginning March 10.
Act 1 Program: 3rd-7th
We are excited to announce an expansion to our Muncie Civic Theater Youth Program. In an effort to continue to improve our program by providing the best experience possible for our youth, MCT has created Act I.
This program is designed to provide a place for 3rd – 7th graders to experience the theatre in a challenging, fun and exciting way at their development level; all in a positive and accepting environment.
This program will focus on teaching the students through acting, dance, music, and theatre instruction, as they participate in the production of The Lion King Jr!
- Act I actors will rehearse independently from the Prelude (Kindergarten – 2nd grade) actors.
- As the performance date of Lion King Jr. gets closer, Prelude actors will join Act I for rehearsals.
- Cost of this program for each child is $150.00. If you are a season ticket holder, the cost per child is $125.00.
- Rehearsals for Act 1 will be Saturdays from 10am-4pm
- Along with the theater experience, this 8 week experience includes: Script for them to keep, Music tracts, Show Shirt, 4 tickets to the production
Prelude Program: Kindergarten-2nd
We are excited to announce an addition to our Muncie Civic Youth Program. In an effort to continue to improve our program by providing the best experience possible for our youth, MCT has created Prelude!
This program is designed to provide a place for kindergarteners through 2nd graders to learn and participate in the theatre. Prelude will be a fun and exciting way for younger children to experience the theater, at their social and academic level, all in a positive and accepting environment.
Prelude will focus on teaching the students through guided play, dance, music, and theatre instruction, all the while being a special part of The Lion King Jr! This program will be streamlined so that the students will be learning in smaller amounts of time specifically for their age and development.
- Prelude actors will rehearse separately from the Act I (3rd-7th grade) actors.
- As the performance date of Lion King Jr. gets closer, Prelude actors will join Act I in rehearsals.
- Cost of this program for each child is $150.00. If you are a season ticket holder, the cost per child is $125.00
- Prelude rehearsals will be Saturdays from 12PM – 4 PM.
- Along with the theater experience, this 9 weeks includes: Script for them to keep, Music tracts, Show Shirt, 4 tickets to the production
Prelude will start on March 10. This is the same date Act I is auditioning. Prelude actors will not have an audition, rather they will immediately start their exciting learning experience in the theater setting.
FINANCIAL AID OPPORTUNITY:
For families with financial hardships that are interested in tuition cost support, please submit a financial aid form linked below. If you have any questions regarding financial aid please email our Education Director, Amy@munciecivic.org.