Apply via email to Laura@munciecivic.org.
Goal: To assist the Executive Director in coordinating both volunteer integration and donor development processes with accuracy, promptness and hospitality. This role includes database management and maintaining background checks on volunteers. It also has an element of being a liaison to the Board for development and a liaison to Stage Managers on behalf of the Executive Director.
Reporting Relationship: To Executive Director
- Friendly, outgoing demeanor, good with people and tasks
- Listening Skills
- Enjoys problem solving
- Computer Skills (Google Docs, Planning Center, Formstacks, Workplace AP, eTapestry)
- Flexible Schedule
- Love for the theater
- Managerial skills to oversee volunteer Team Leaders and Development Process
- Willingness to clean up after people
- Great on email and the phone
- Creativity is a big asset
- Willingness to be a point of contact to secure appointments
- Not give up too easily but not be too pushy
- Be able to work 10-12 hours a week
- Able to attend a one hour staff meeting, probably during the day.
- Maintain contact and interact with ED calendar
- Develop systems and research prospects.
- “Set the table” for ED and Grant Chair to meet with donors.
- Communicate with prospects, steward donors and close gifts.
- Be the point person for the entire process of development from first contact to thank you card after the donation has been processed.
- Handle follow-up emails or calls with needed information or documents
- Act as a staff liaison with the Board to ensure they have the proper tools and training and are fully engaged in the efforts to raise needed funds.
- Coordinate with Business Manager when payment is received and mail donor donation receipt and personal thank you from ED.
- Update necessary records in Excel (eventually etapestry database)
- Oversee new donation process for Seat Campaign. Including coordinating with Marketing Dir to order seat plates and communicate the location of the plate to the donor.
- Install new plates on seatbacks (with Tech help) as they become available.
- Immediate contact with everyone who signs up to volunteer with MCT.
- Oversee a clear flowchart for someone who volunteers along with a feedback loop to make sure they do not fall through the cracks.
- Maintain a database of volunteers (Planning Center)
- Initiate and maintain background checks on volunteers.
- Oversee the background check policy.
- Handle questions regarding unclear background checks.
- Identify team leaders and maintain feedback loops of volunteers.
- Assist Team leaders with difficult volunteer issues
- Create and maintain volunteer training manual
- Maintain Stage Manager and Director training manuals
- Assist the Youth Education program in using parent volunteers well
- Interlink the various areas within the theater so volunteers are valued
- Create, post and maintain a volunteer board with volunteer jobs
- Create and post training videos with QR codes in common stations.
- Encourage volunteers and be a friendly face for MCT.
- Clean and stock the green rooms before each opening night show.
- Act as an initial liaison to the SM for each Main stage and Studio Shows
- Preparing for Auditions
- Providing audition forms
- Provide training to SM on how to set up the space for audition including signs on doors of building
- Coordinate with each SM to make sure all online paperwork is filled out for each actor or actress and background checks as needed.
- Walk casts through fire evacuation plans and maintain necessary paperwork
- Print Emergency Contact info sheets for each SM
- Give Volunteer Actor’s Contract Speech at the beginning of each new casting